Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Shout Out: Esther Brimmer

The girls of YBMMF are big fans of the jacket. Particularly among women who exert authority in a roomful of men, the jacket is a way to look grown-up and serious - but it doesn't have to be dowdy. Case in point: Esther Brimmer, Assistant Secretary of State for International Organizations, and routine exerter of authority in rooms full of men.

She has a lot of great jacket looks, and I think this is my favorite. (Note to Chelsey Davy: this would have looked good at a certain wedding.)

She also changes up her hair, which I appreciate.



Too many women get stuck in a rut or think changing their hair makes them look vapid. (Or, like me, they're just lazy.) Okay, in this photo her hair is sort of the same, but I like this jacket too.

I would also like to point out that Dr. Brimmer has spent almost her entire career in the public sector, and was most recently in academia, which probably has even more fashion offenders than 23rd street between D and F on Monday at 8:10 a.m.  What am I trying to say? That being a fed is no excuse for being a frump.

For your I'm-in-charge-and-I-look-awesome-too consistency, Esther Brimmer, we salute you.

No comments:

Post a Comment