Saturday, June 11, 2011

Summer Doldrums Already?

It's only June, but I feel like it's the week before Memorial Day in YBMMF land. I need to stop obsessing about Kate Catherine, although let me just say that this look, at the Epsom Derby, is absolutely incredible.

Our fearless American fashion stars have been pretty subdued lately. I suppose a dinner for Angela Merkel doesn't call for avant-garde effort, but really, the pictures almost put me to sleep. After going through them, the only guest who deserves any sort of plaudit is Google VP Marissa Mayer:



Well-played! However, when you are the most inherently glamorous person at the party, and the only one I've seen in Vogue recently or am likely to see soon, you have a leg up to begin with. It's June, people. You're eating in the garden. Show your arms! Try florals!

Finally, Sec. Clinton has been traveling a lot lately, and I thought we'd get some good pictures out of that. However, look at this Libya Contact Group photo only if you want to be put to sartorial sleep.


I know that a meeting on Libya doesn't call for sparklypony fancypants glee, but really peozzzzz I totally fell asleep there.

Let's go people! Do something crazy! At least the Price Albert wedding is a few weeks away - that should bring out some effort.

2 comments:

  1. StatelyGentlemanCallerJune 19, 2011 at 10:28 PM

    Summer doldrums? Glad to see that white belts and bright hip hugger pants are back in the U.S. Open this weekend (whites, blues, reds) the earlier part of the century golf got really into the earthy tones - now with a (Northern) Irishman winning the Open we can get back to some proper 1970s style slacks! Bring on the checks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't like Catherine's outfit. It was too safe and blah. The only thing risque about it was the skirt length and wasn't it Yves St. Laurent who always said the knee was the ugliest part of a woman's body?

    ReplyDelete